Friday, March 2, 2007

Vintage Obsession

I can't explain this new obsession I have with vintage fabric. I think it started when I saw a Bird in the Hand's "allstar" fabric collection. How could you not be inspired by that.? Then I did a flickr search for vintage fabric and found myself pouring over thousands of gorgeous fabrics. I am still drooling.

Some of my favorites (I've linked to the original source to give credit where its due) that may be still available for purchase. Its more of a wishlist than a list of fabrics I own. I just love the designs.


Look at this kitchen scene! I just love the colors and subject matter. I found it at Rubylane.com for $65.



I found this one at Dewitt Co. for $10 per half yard.




Also from Dewit Co. at $10/half yard.


I can't remember where I found this one - I think it was Dewitt Co., but don't know for sure.


This one was from Ruby Lane I think. I'll try to go back and find the link. I just love it.


How can you not just love this print and the colors. I think it was $44 for 4 yards.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be very careful...vintage fabric is like crack! But it is so fun isnt it? I got started when I got my grandmother's old fabric stash. And it went on from there.

The Small Idea said...

I completely agree. I haven't bought any yet, but can't help but search. I am trying to restrain myself by collecting a "virtual stash". I wish I had been into it when my grandparents where alive, I'm sure my grandmother had mounds of it.